RESERVE THE ART GALLERY!
The Art Gallery is a flexible space for performances and exhibitions by the Penn and West Philadelphian community. Use of the Art Gallery is largely free. Take a look at this PDF of the Art Gallery’s dimensions. Contact the Art Gallery Director for details.
Established in 1963 by Moderator Jack Gillmar ’65, the Gallery has been host to student art, film screenings, class exhibitions, professor exhibitions, extracurricular groups, musical recitals, theatre performances and more. Created with the intention of expanding students’ knowledge and awareness of the wider world of art both within and without the campus, the Gallery continues to hold true to its promise.
The Art Gallery is located in the Philomathean Halls on the fourth floor of College Hall, overlooking the Benjamin Franklin Statue.
Past Art Shows
Some events held include:
- (Relationships of) Resemblance & Rejection
- The Daedalus Quartet performs Schubert, Korngold and Smetana
- DEPARTURES featuring photographers of the Daily Pennsylvanian
- GENEVIVE ZACCONI.
- THE CONTEMPORARY, with readings from Quake contributors & a String Quartet performance
- GOOD LUCK IN HELL
- 40th Anniversary Exhibit
- MIXED MEDIA & TURNTABLISM
- CONFUSION & CLARITY: Philadelphia through an African Eye
- The Architectural Drawings of Paul Philippe Cret
- The Colors and Delicacy of the Japanese print
- German Expressionism: Lithographs, woodcuts, and etchings by Barlach, Bechmann, Dix, Grosz, Klee, Kirchner, Kokoscha, Nolde, Perchstein, Rohlfs.